Wednesday, August 18, 2010

random ramblings

Tonight before the kids went to bed I nursed Lily for the last time.  I had slowly been weaning her while on vacation and since getting home I only nursed at night before bed.  I am happy and sad, I love nursing and snuggling with her especially because she is not a snuggly baby.  But I am happy because it has been over 3 1/2 years of me being either pregnant or nursing.  It is an quite exhilarating feeling!  Now I can stay out late, and take cold medicine!!!  I am looking forward to a break for a while until the next baby comes along :)

Also, tonight I went shopping for groceries and I found some Sweets Orange Sticks and Raspberry Sticks.  They are hardly ever sold in stores here so I bought a few boxes to put in the freezer.  I was eating some on the way home from the store and realized the last time I bought these, I called my dad to tell him how excited I was about finding Orange Sticks and he told me my grandpa was in the hospital and going to pass away.  It was crazy because I literally called him 2 seconds after he hung up with my grandma.

Ok and here is a picture, because well posts are better with pictures :) 


who needs snow for sledding!


3 comments:

Anjanette said...

Yea!!!It is a liberating feeling. Okay, so were did you find the orange and raspberry sticks?

April said...

Top shelf in the candy isle at walmart, kind of by the specialty chocolate :)

Kristi said...

I'm sorry about your grandpa.
This picture looks like so much fun! I can't wait to come and play with them at your house where Mason will be crazy and hopefully Lily will too :).