Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You know you are pregnant when....

You haven't blogged in over a month.
On a good day you only throw up twice.
Walking makes you motion sick.
Moving makes you motion sick.
Taking showers makes you throw up.
Your kids watch waaaay too much tv.
Your oldest child knows all the theme songs to every PBS show.
Your oldest child knows the entire schedule to PBS and when his favorite TV shows are on.
Your favorite things in the world become your worst enemy aka avocados and ice cream and chocolate :(
Thinking about food makes you nausous and hungry.
Your husband has to go to work, come home cleans the house, feed the kids and himself.
You have a deep deep desire to consume every cinnamon bear on the earth.
You cry when you realize no one in NY knows what a cinnamon bear is.
You cry happily when your mom sends you 5lbs of cinnamon bears from Utah.
You get to have yummy food delivered/ taken out and husband and kids stuck with mac and cheese.
You throw up that food that just cost 15 dollars so you cry again and vow not to purchase anymore takeout.
The only food you want is takeout.
Your husband is scared to ask you a question.
You let your daughter draw all over herself just so you can sleep for 5 minutes.
You have only taken 10 pictures of your kids in the last 3 months!
Water makes you nauseous.
Sitting and standing makes you nauseous.
Being on the computer and watching TV makes you nauseous. 
The only time you don't feel nauseous is when you are asleep. 
Throwing up becomes part of everyday conversation.
You get mad at your husband when he gets sick.
Grocery shopping is torture.
You get whatever you want because your husband loves you and is scared of you :) 
You make a post without pictures, I mean really......
You are READY READY READY for the first trimester to be OVER, yes please thank you!

10 comments:

Misses Barlow said...

lol! i love you! and i love that you are updating THIS blog! i hope you feel better soon so we can have some quality time together while you're here in utah! love you!

Deb said...

LOL April. I'm sorry!!! I really hope you feel better soon! I'm so close to the end and feel like I could make a similar list (minus the throwing up part but definitely with the husband being afraid of you part.) I'm excited for you, you make the cutest kids! :)

Unknown said...

Oh, goodness! Here's hoping you start feeling better soon... and congratulations!

Matt and Amie said...

Oh April...first of all...Congratulations!! How exciting. Second of all.... besides being in NY and craving cinnamon bears I can tell you I have felt every single one of those things when I get pregnant. Mine lasts for the whole 9 months, so I will pray all those things end after the first trimester for you!! I feel for you girl! Keep getting the takeout. Even if you throw it up, its worth it! :)

True*Lu said...

Well, Congrats are in order!

Yes, a pictureless post, but I loved it! Turns out we are cinnamon bear kindred spirits...that candy just speaks to me and when I lived in Europe my grandparents would ship it to me also.

Hope you feel better soon so that you can enjoy summer (and life)!!!

Joy said...

Congratulations! Hope you are feeling better.

Joni and John said...

Congrats! That was exactly how I felt the entire first trimester- I can sympathize! I hope it passes quickly- So worth it once you have a tiny baby though!

Suki said...

I hope this baby gets easier on you soon. Big hugs, hang in there.

The Andrew Family said...

Oh April, I'm so sorry! Being a big thrower-upper during pregnancy I empathize immensely! I was nodding at almost every one of your statements. Hope that wicked 1st trimester is over soon! *For you AND your family :)

Jennifer Brailsford said...

Congratulations April! Oh the things we do for our beautiful children. Hope you are getting some sleep-minus the being drawn on.