Thursday, May 5, 2011

Preschool C, cameras, cookies and "c" snacks

This week at preschool we did the letter C.  On Tuesday we read a book about chameleons and how they change color, Eric Carle has a great book that is called The Mixed up Chameleon which I highly recommend.  Then we also read another book of his, The Hungry Caterpillar .  After we read the book we made our own caterpillars with colored circles and googly eyes.  I gave the each a disposable camera at the beginning of the day and talked a bit about creating art through cameras and photographs.  The kids had a lot of fun taking pictures through out the day and I can't wait to see how they turned out.  
Then we had some snacks that started with C: cheese, cantalope, cucumbers, carrots, celery and corn.

On Thursday we made some oatmeal chocolate chip cookies, played with cars and learned about our wonderful country and the city we live in.  The kids got to color their own map and put a sticker where we live.  After a snack we made a card for our moms for mother's day.  It was really cute listening to the kids talk about their moms, so fun!  It was a great week.  I can't believe that we only have 1 month left :)










2 comments:

Ash said...

Oh my gosh! Your an awesome Preschool teacher! My lil guy would have loved a day like this. I'm gonna have to check out the Chameleon book. I always like Children book recommendations, so thanks for the tip!:)

Misses Barlow said...

you. are. amazing! i wish we lived closer so you could be my mentor.