Saturday, June 18, 2011

Working really hard for some money!


Mason has been interested in learning about money, especially since I decided that he needed to start earning money for things he "has to have!"  It was getting pretty ridiculous that he demanded a toy every time we walked into target, geez.  So I told him if he helped me out with some special projects he could earn his own money to buy the toys he wants.  Right now on the list are a shark squirt gun and slip n slide.  

I told him that to earn the money he had to be happy and work hard with the things I asked him to do.  And picking up toys and books didn't count.  I gave him a couple of options and he decided on cleaning the windows.  It took him a minute to get the hang of it but then he did great.  He cleaned inside and out of all the windows on the main floor for a dollar!  And then he got another dollar for wiping down all the cupboards and the fridge in the kitchen. 

Now he walks around saying you have to work really hard to earn money!  Well I am glad he has figured it out.  Since this day he has been less motivated to help me with things, but remembers that to get the toy he has to do work.  Maybe I need to take him back to Target to remind him!




We also are trying to learn about coins and money and what they are worth.  I think he has the coins down, except the nickels and quarters he confuses but that is ok.  Mason and Lily like to spread the money on the floor and match them together.  Fun fun. 

1 comment:

rachel june* said...

what a smart idea! my kids need to learn the concept of money expensive/cheap and i like this way!!