Sunday, February 5, 2012

Grammy and Grandma Fitt

My mom, "grammy" and my grandma "grandma fitt" came to visit a few days after I got home from the hospital.  They were such a huge huge huge help.  I was so exhausted and felt terrible from the delivery and especially from the blood pressure medication I had to be on.  It was wonderful to be able to take naps and have someone else entertain Mason and Lily.  And of course Oliver loved it because he was help by someone for 2 straight weeks!

My mom helped a lot with finishing the kitchen and the Oliver's room (pictures coming soon!)  We put new seat covers on chairs, hardware on the cupboards, new blinds, valances over the windows and my FAVORITE thing a new stove, hooray.  It looks so nice to have it all finished, it is so bright and happy I love being in the kitchen.  And now I really want to paint the living room but that is work for another day (and when more family come in town!)  Then my mom also made some cute bedding and curtains for Oliver's room, I love it so much and I can't wait to show you!  My mom also sewed some random blankets just for fun, she is crazy sewer like that, the people at Joanne's started to recognize her for all the times she came to the store!

Grandma Fitt, my wonderful pocket grandma, played with Mason a lot.  He loves to play card games with her and read stories.  She tried to play with Lily but she had a hard time after Oliver came home and only wanted me to do everything.  "No mom do it" was a phrase frequently heard in the house.

They really spoiled the kids by taking them to Toys R Us and McDonalds, cooking yummy dinners and watching movies.  It was a great time... especially for me because I got to sleep!

Thanks for coming mama, love you!!!














No comments: