Sunday, April 19, 2009

a conversation in primary

I teach the 5 year old primary class at church. This is a conversation we had today near the end of our lesson:

C: Is it hard to move with that baby in your tummy?

me: yes, it is getting harder as the baby gets bigger and bigger.

C: Well I bet you are having a boy...

me: actually I am having a girl, there is a way they can take pictures of the baby while she is in my tummy so they can find out.

C: How can they tell if it is a boy or girl?

me: ummmm

E: they look at their bum

O: actually they see if the baby has lots of hair, then its a girl, if it has little hair it is a boy.

O: sometimes the doctor has to take a knife and cute the baby out

me: well not always, hopefully not with me

C: well sometimes they have to shock you to get that baby out!

hahaha

I love 5 year olds...

P.S. I promise I do try and teach my lesson, they just get a little distracted

Oh and the boy C prayed "for the teachers baby that she would come out alright" isn't that sweet!

2 comments:

Mike and Heidi said...

That conversation cracked me up! I have hilarious conversations with my five year old son all the time. It is a great age:)

Kim and Steve said...

That is so cute...my class kills me...I always have fun stories!