Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Mason 28 months

Mason is one month older and wiser (on the 19th) Here are some fun and funny things he has been up too...


Mason is now completely weaned of the binky, and sleeps from 8 - 7:30 on a normal day.

He got a whole bunch of new animals for sleeping at night with out the binky. He loves them so much and drags them around everywhere. He sleeps with them, eats with them. He likes to match up the new big animals with small ones that he already had. The big ones are the mommies and the little are the babies.

He nods and shakes his head instead of saying yes and no

Answers questions just like his dad. Mason do you want milk? “no water” (like I don't want water) Do you want cheerios? “no kix”


He Will laugh at Lily to make her laugh when she is in a crabby mood

If I am looking at the computer or a book or something and he wants my attention he will grab my face to turn it toward him. He won’t let go until I make eye contact and look at whatever he wants to show me.

Before he will pray with us at meal time he will take a bite and then fold his arms.


The movie of the week have been Sleeping Beauty, he calls it “scary dragon” and “yee hah” for Prince Phillip’s horse. Then it was Meet the Robinson with the "funny dinosaur." Currently his favorite movie is Ice Age 3, Dawn of the dinosaurs. (can you sense a theme of dragons and dinosaurs!)

Lately Lily has been saying “da da” Mason will copy her perfectly, but still calls danny “guy” which is supposed to be daddy.

Today at church Mason was sick to I kept him with me and then we left early. On the way home he kept saying, “no wait, go nursery” which is ironic since he always throws a fit when we take him in.


Morning routine: Mason wakes up between 7-8. Danny goes and gets him, they go downstairs and snuggle on the couch while Mason watch pbs and Danny checks the computer. I wait until Lily wakes up, I feed her then we go downstairs and we all eat breakfast together. Mason only likes Danny to get him from bed, and will only eat breakfast when I am there.

He gets stuck into routines. He likes to have cheerios, Kix and Life for breakfast and if he remembers raisins and bananas on top. For lunch he would only eat a bagel with cream cheese (now it is a peanut butter and jelly)

On Valentines Day Danny made us crepes for breakfast. Again Mason gets stuck on routines and doesn't like to try new things. I finally got him to try Nutella which of course he loved, but he wouldn't trying the whip cream, funny kid.

He hates to go into nursery and hates to come out.

A few funny things he has said:
Gave me his toy snake and said “hold please, snake crabby”
“where are you...” (insert) friends house, doctors office, grapes.
When saying doctors office it sounded like off doc!
"Time to get in the truck manimals, time to get out of the truck manimals"
"I don’t want to say no I want to say mmmm hummm" (with a nod)
"A B C D E" ( like he was counting his raisins)
"Don’t talk to me that way mom"
Do you want milk or water “water all gone” or “no water”
"Guy will you help baby go away"
"Mom you sing ONE more song?"
"Read ONE more book?"
"no I do it"
"Mom I help get Ralph's snowballs off" See here.

And my personal favorite:
"Mommy I am too big too….
eat
go to bed
watch tv
play legos
sit by Lily
etc"



No comments: