Sunday, June 10, 2012

Lake Quinault

I have always wanted to see really really large trees that Danny claims to exist in Washington.  So on a whim we decided to take a trip to Quinault Lake where there are some of the worlds "largest" trees.  I am still not sure how the largest tree is calculated because it isn't the tallest or widest, but they were some pretty big trees!  

It was funny because when we first got there after a 3 hour drive we had to find the bathroom, once we found them we were looking at maps and other things to find the big trees.  We saw the sign for the largest spruce tree on the map and thought it said 3 miles, and we all knew there was no way the pregger, babies, toddlers and preschoolers could make it that far, but it only ended up being .3 of a mile and right by the bathrooms we were just at haha. 

We then took a 1.6 mile hike (round trip) to see a water fall, it was rainy the whole time but the kids really did a great job.  Mason pretty much did it by himself, and it was a fairly steep hike.  On the way back he was really done so I gave him my phone to take pictures of things he liked and that distracted him and I ended up with 100+ blurry pictures on my phone.  The waterfall was a little disappointing but it was fun to spend time together with my brother and sisters in law.  

Then on the way home we took a long drive around the lake that took about 1.5 hours, we were all a little surprised how long it took but it was beautiful.  I have never been to a rainforest.  I really wish I had brought my wider lens!   

And for all you twilight fans the Quinalt national forest is near Forks WA to the north and also the indian reservation where the "wolves" lived.  We never made it that far north but just a little fun fact for anyone who enjoys poorly written love stories! ( I liked them I am easily entertained)












































No comments: