Friday, July 18, 2008

9 months


Mason is very mobile, he does a little scoot + crawling action, I call it scrawling. Actually he kind of looks like a wounded animal, hahaha... but he is fast and gets into a lot of stuff now, yippee!



He sleeps on his tummy sometimes for naps (he rolls over himself).

He has pulled him self up to a stand a few times, but I can't ever get him to do it on video.

He can also sit up by himself when he is on his tummy, but most the time he just gets cranky and wants me to put him back up.


He always has to have something in his mouth while he plays and scrawls around. Even in the bath, he has one toy in his mouth and a toy in each hand.

We have a little screamer! While he is playing he screams, when he is happy he screams, when he is mad he really screams (I think it is early signs of temper tantrums) and of course if he is stuck or some body part is stuck under something. Sometimes it is cute (like when he is playing) and alot of times it is not and a little over dramatic if you ask me.

He went on his first plane ride, first taste of sand at the beach, got to meet tons of family all while in Utah and Seattle.

He got 2 new teeth, 4&5, and is currently working on the 6th.

He says mama all the time to me which is wonderful.

He is signing either "mom" or "eat" now, not sure which one yet because it is the same motion and he doesn't quite have the dexterity in his fingers yet to differ.

A few weeks ago he would walk when we held his hands, now if we try he lifts and holds up his legs in sitting position and wants put back down, what a punk!

Wow this month has gone by so fast (probably since we were gone for 3 weeks), I can't believe he is already 9 months old :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

What a sweet little boy! yes it is me natalie peterson. I love that I have been able to connect with some of my childhood friends! Thanks for looking at my blog and saying hi!

Kimberly said...

That scrawling technique is hysterical. Mason is such a cute kid, and it's so fun to watch his videos. I hope you are having as much fun keeping Mason out of things as I am with Bridget. Oh, the joys of mobility!