Tuesday, August 19, 2008

10 months

Can you believe it? Mason is already 10 months old, wow time has flown! He is quite the little character and has done many new things this month...
(sorry the picture is blurry)

* sometimes when Mason gets happy or excited he spins in circles, on his bum, on the hardwood floor

* Mason goal in life is to eat and play with Ralph's dog food... his favorite new game is "I'm gunna get you!" while he races into the kitchen to his prize.

* he is obsessed with opening and closing doors

* "bap bap" is his new favorite phrase

* Mason sits in the high chair funny, he slouches and pulls his feet up

* he can now officially sit up himself from the tummy

* he can play "patty cake" now and clap his hands when he is excited or happy

* he likes to pull himself up to the coffee table and has started to cruise along the coffee table and couch... though he still prefers to scrawl

* he is starting to do the pincer grasp (thumb and pointer finger) when he feeds himself

* he can wave "bye bye"

*he always has to have something in his mouth while he plays, he will crawl around like this :)

* since Mason has figured out how to sit up on his own, he sits up in bed and can pull himself up to stand, so we had to lower the crib all the way

* also before naps (he goes down awake) he will sit up, but he doesn't know how to lay down after he is sitting (the only time it happens is if he falls) so he will cry and cry and I will have to go lay him back down

* to continue from above... I guess he is trying to figure out how to lay back down after sitting up, because I went in to check on him after he fell asleep for one of his naps and he was folded in half! I kid you not... imagine you are sitting up with your legs out straight and then you just lay your head right in your lap, yup, thats what he did. I wish I took a picture, but I am afraid of waking him up (its happened before) he did it a couple more times and not since, if he does I will take the video camera in. And don't worry, I unfolded him.

* he likes to try and drink water from the faucet in tub as its fill up, he sticks out his little tongue and goes in for the kill, over and over (too bad he won't drink it from a sippy cup)

* beginning of the month he was sleeping horribly, waking up a couple of times and not going back to sleep, argh -> now at the end he turned back into a good sleeper, yay! 10+ hours a night (trick, keep a couple of binkis in the crib and pray he finds one!)

* beginning of the month he was a great eater, he would sit calmly and open his mouth to anything I gave him -> now at the end of the month I am having to trick him to open his mouth and watch his hands so they don't slap a spoon full of food all over him and me

* can the terrible 2's start at 10 months? naw, j/k, its not that bad but seriously he is starting to throw temper tantrums if I take him away from something he wants to play with (Ralph's dog food, the cords to my computer)

* did I mention that he is obsessed with his binki? He would have it in all day if i'd let him...

4 comments:

Anastasia said...

April! He is SOOOO cute! He must really love Ralphie because he is trying to drink like him. I really can't wait until you come back to SL so that I can see him... and you of course!

Mike and Heidi said...

Happy 10 months old! Mason is such a cutie!

Kimberly said...

I've had similar problems (especially at nap time) with Bridget since she learned to stand up in her crib about a month ago and have also found her asleep folded in half...crazy kids!

April said...

Anastasia- I am sad too I didn't get to see you while we were in Utah, we had such a crazy schedule but we will be coming for Christmas so I can see you then :)

Kimberly- I am glad that Mason isn't the only one :) they are crazy kids... maybe they are meant for eachother ;)