Friday, August 22, 2008

photography

A couple of weekends ago, I all the sudden got this urge to learn about my camera and finally figure out how to use it properly, not just on auto. I have taken photography classes in high school, though not digital. Nonetheless I once upon a time new what ISO, shutter speed and aperture meant and how to manually take pictures.... but I seriously forgot all of this knowledge and had to get some info. My brother Brady has the same camera as me and was trying to teach me some things while I was in Utah.... but I was still having trouble. Anyway I found some great stuff. This site was the best one I found that could give clear simple instructions on how to use my camera and take pictures with good technique. It has been fun trying to figure out my camera and take better pictures, though looking at all the stuff on the internet made me realize that I really want another lens, hahaha but mine will do for now :) Yay for pictures and yay for Danny, who got me the camera and put up with me looking on the internet all weekend :O)

So I know there a few photographers who check out this blog... if you have any advice tricks or great places to that will help me take better pictures I would love to have them. Also I just got my photoshop elements and have been playing around with it (so fun) So if you know any great places that I can check out that can help me learn how to use it and give me some tips on making pictures awesome I would love that!

K thanks, pictures coming soon :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

what is that site youu found? i pretty know everything about that camera, but hey, maybe it could give me a little insight also! haha. as for photoshop, its hard to teach yourself...haha ive been tryin. but heather is super good with it, so as her and she should be able to help ya! but if you have any camera questions id be happy to try and help ya!

April said...

ya I know you know lots about the camera, so this site will probably be really basic compared to what you know, but they do have photo challenges and such which is fun. I don't know what is wrong with my post, where it says "this site" should be highlighted... it is a hyperlink, so just scroll your mouse over it even though it isn't highlighted and it should work. let me know if it doesn't. PS i like it when you comment and should do it more often :) heart you

sharon said...

April, that website looks really interesting. I'll have to check it out. (And as for the link not showing up, just go to your blog Layout page, choose the Font and Colors tab, and be sure that your LInk color is different than your Text color.)

As for more information on photography, I really enjoyed the book Understanding Exposure by Bryan Petersen. It's full of great information and wonderful pictures to illustrate his points. I'll try to remember to bring it tomorrow if you'd like to take a look at it. *Ü*

Jessica said...

Hey, April. Here are some good resources:
http://www.morguefile.com/archive/classroom.php
These are basic lessons you can do. Also forums are great. I used to be involved with one through babycenter.com, but that was before they changed their format. It was under hobbies>>Photographing Your Family. I think it is still there. I am mostly on www.ilovephotography.com and flickr now. I think the scrapbooking site twopeasinabucket.com has a photography section, and there is a place called shuttermom.com that I have heard of people being on as well. luminouslandscape.com and cambridgeincoulor.com have some good digital tutorials.

I would just take a concept you want to learn more about and google it. There is a TON of info out there.

Getting involved in an online community where I can post images for feedback and participate in the give and take of information has been the best help for me.

HTH