Wednesday, August 13, 2008

random suprise

Guess whaaaaaaaaaaat.... Danny is no longer the seminary teacher! Yay, he got fired! haha I guess I shouldn't say that since the Bishop's wife will probably be reading this post... here is the story... We got a call on Saturday night that the Bishop wanted to meet with us on Sunday after church. Usually you would be worried and think "oh great what will I be getting into this time", but for us it was no biggie because Seminary teacher was changing from an assignment from CES (church educational system) to a calling. So since it was so late in the summer and Danny hadn't heard anything about his previous scheming (**see below) we assumed that he was officially going to get the calling as Seminary teacher. So we walked in a little late to church and someone from the bishopric came down from the stand during the opening song and pulled Danny aside so he could talk to him, they were gone for less than 30 seconds. Danny came back, looked at me, in total shock, and said "I am not the seminary teacher anymore" "WHAT!" I said in my loudest whisper. Can you believe it! We were both totally shocked, and after church Danny was asked to be the new ward mission leader.

I asked Danny when got home how he felt about this last minute surprise, and he said that he thought he would have loved teaching for about a month, and that teaching would have been better this year because a lot of kids graduated and of course he knew now what he was doing.... but he is super glad not to get up in the morning (Danny is the anti morning person) and we are both glad the he doesn't have to come home from work, eat dinner, study for 1-2 hours, and go to bed early! So yay for having hubby back :)

** previous scheming: In June after graduation Danny presented the Bishop with a plan that would make it so Danny didn't need to teach Seminary the next year. For those of you who don't know our church building supports 2 wards, between those 2 wards there are 2 seminary teachers. One teacher teaches the freshman and sophomore students and the other the junior and seniors. Danny taught the junior and seniors. 2/3 of Danny's students were seniors and graduated, and only 2 freshman were coming in the next year.... so really the amount of students almost cut in half. Danny's rationale... why have 2 teachers? So Danny gave his presentation, hand outs and graphs to the Bishop for consideration.... we never heard from him about it, so we assumed that the scheming was to no avail... instead they fired him and gave someone else the job, ha!

In all seriousness, Danny did enjoy teaching seminary. I won't speak for him but I know he did, and hopefully the students will appreciate all the hard work he did one day!

YAY for no more 5 am!

4 comments:

Anastasia said...

I was looking at your beautiful profile picture, and I thought the shirt you are wearing looked familiar. So I looked over at my picture board on my wall, and Heather is wearing the same shirt for one of her senior pictures! It looks good on both of you...

I'm happy that there are no more 5 am-ers for you guys!

April said...

good eye! yes, that is Heather's shirt

The Andrew Family said...

I can't believe it! Have you no testimony? Have you no faith? I'm only kidding, I'm so jealous you guys get to sleep in! We had our kids three years apart so we get no breaks. Someone will always be in seminary till Jenny graduates (she's going into 4th grade). And then it's only a three year break and we're back to dragging our sorry behinds out of bed for Sarah. Groan.

Reuben and Laura Evans said...

Oh ya I would be excited to!! I didn't even know you left me a message on my blog. For some reason i had two blogs so I deleted it. It is so fun to watch Mason grow.