Sunday, February 6, 2011

Bathroom Makeover!!!

Danny and I, well mostly ME, decided to makeover our little half bath on the main floor.  It was painted purple on the bottom with flower purple wallpaper on the top.  Wall paper isn't my favorite and I was done.  Also I wanted to see how hard it would be to 1. take down wallpaper and 2. paint the vanity white because I want to do the same to our kitchen this summer and I thought this would be a good practice run!


Flowery wallpaper

Lily and Mason liked to help take it down :)




This is the beautiful color scheme we discovered when the wall paper came down.  Pepto pink walls and a nice little strip of blue to add to the purple.

before with wall paper
after wall paper came down
all done!
We decided to paint the top white and give the white trim a refresher.  Then we painted the bottom a light blueish grey.  Sometimes it looks green with the lights on.  It was really hard for me to get the right color out of the camera... so you will just have to come over and see for yourself!

I thought it would be fun to put a little accent of yellow on the cupboard, but it is WAY darker than I thought it would be.  Not sure I like it... hopefully it will look better if I put some stuff in there to hide some of the yellow.

Danny put in a new faucet which I LOVE!


And we painted the vanity white and put on a new handle and hinges...(sorry I didn't clean the floor before the picture!)

handle

faucet!

2 comments:

Kristi said...

I love it, you guys did a great job! I love love home improvements, keep doing more so I can see the before and afters!!

Brian and Emily said...

lovely! It is so fun. I'm liking the yellow. And even more fun is how cute and big your littles are getting!