Tuesday, December 27, 2011

CHRISTMAS :)

*Warning this is a bit long and little detailed with bodily fluids so if you are sensitive to that just go ahead and scroll to the pictures :)*

I have to say that having a 4 and 2 year old make Christmas so much fun!  It was nice that Lily was old enough to enjoy the celebrations this year and that she just wasn't destroying the tree and presents (though it did happen at times)  Mason was so cute and so excited with the presents under the tree and getting ready for Santa to come.

We had quite the adventure Christmas Day.  Mason woke up in the middle of the night throwing up, which was too bad.  He had been sick on and off for the last couple of weeks it just seems like the bug couldn't get out of his system.  Anyway he woke up, threw up a couple of times, I had him on a little bed on the floor next to my bed in case he needed me.  We all woke up around 8 (thankfully Lily also slept in!)  Mason was acting fine and told us he felt better.  I think it was all the adrenaline of the presents that made him feel ok.

We went downstairs and checked out all the fun things that Santa brought us.  (Funny side note, Mason immediately ran for the Christmas tree looking for presents from Santa, not on the couch where they were.  I think it was from all the Christmas movies he watched, hehe)  Mason and Lily got a play kitchen and the table and chair.  Then each of them got a couple fun books and little toys to play with.  Santa was even thoughtful and brought baby squishy a couple of bottles, binkies and a giant bear :)  Since Christmas fell on a Sunday we didn't even mention to the kids that we could open the presents under the tree since they were so content with all the other toys (we were just going to wait until we got home from church).  We played for a little bit then the kids got to have a special breakfast of Lucky Charms, I don't normally buy sugar cereal, so they were excited, and we got ready for church and out the door early enough to arrive 10 minutes early (which never happens).  As a side note I normally wouldn't have brought Mason to church since he had thrown up during the night, but since we only had sacrament meeting and no primary, and because he said he was feeling better and acting better we decided to bring him, well......

That was a mistake, haha.  When we arrived at church, Mason was acting a little grumpy in the car and said he was too tired.  He does this sometimes so we got him out and made him walk as we went into church.  Danny needed to go to take a picture outside for a video he was making so I took the kids myself.  It was exciting getting there early since we had our choice of pews to sit in instead of hard chairs.  I had Lily and Mason was following close behind, but lagging (again normal)  I sat Lily on the pew and I looked for Mason and there he was in the aisle a few rows back with throw up all over his face and shirt..... oh goodness.

THANK GOODNESS, we were early to church because not too many people noticed.  So I grabbed Mason to take him to the bathroom to get cleaned up.  I was sort of freaking out because Danny was still outside and I had no way of finding him without dragging poor Mason around.  I even called loudly (in the chapel, oops) to one of the young women who babysits Lily to come sit with her because she was not happy that I jumped up and left all of the sudden.  So I took Mason to the bathroom and got him cleaned up the best I could.

By the time I got back to the chapel Danny was back and informed of what happened, and two wonderful men had already cleaned up the throw up off the floor even before Danny got there.  I am so grateful.  I was so embarrassed and they were so kind about everything.  Again I am grateful that we got there early because we all got out of there before church even started.  The next week people were confused because they saw us come in and leave so quickly but they didn't know why.  Mason threw up again in the car on the way home ( I was ready) then after that he seemed fine and was bouncing around the rest of the day.  I still think that had to do with all the new presents!

The nice thing about him getting sick is that we were able to open presents over skype with my family.  We wouldn't have been able too otherwise because they would have been leaving for church when we would have been getting home.  The rest of the day was spent playing with our toys.  Lily LOVES the kitchen and chairs and fed all stuffed animals and dolls in close radius, and us of course.  Mason really loved playing with all his action figures and building his lego sets with dad.

Later that night Lily and I went to our friends the Yeagers for dinner, while Danny stayed home with Mason so we didn't "share" anything else with the public.  Then Lily and I quickly stopped by my friend Karina's home because she invited us over for Christmas too.  It really was a lovely day, and happily Mason and Lily constantly remembered the reason we celebrate Christmas was to honor Jesus' birth.  They are so sweet and so much fun.  Merry Christmas everyone!






Amazingly both kids automatically ran toward the giant bear, haha.  They were bummed to learn that it wasn't for either of them :)








No comments: