Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Potty Training?

Danny thought it would be a good idea to try and potty train Lily.  She has been interested lately, she loves to sit on the potty but will never go.  I really wanted to wait until after the baby was born but since he was going to be home for a week over Christmas I gave the go ahead to try.

Well she really really really loves to wear her big girl underwear and watch "Go Potty Go" a million times a day.  The first couple of days she had a couple of accidents and a few successes but then she got a little sick in her tummy.  I am pretty sure she got the bug Mason had with out throwing up.  That put us on a set back because her tummy hurt so she wouldn't always get to the potty.  Plus I really wanted to veto everything because she really wanted to wear her underwear but she wouldn't sit on the potty, ahhh.  So now we are just going with whatever she wants.  If I we are at home she can wear her big girl underwear but if we go out she knows she has to wear a diaper because I don't have enough energy to deal with the mess until after the baby comes :) 

She is cute because 1. She will only use the big potty when she actually has to go, she will sit on the little potty just for fun. 2. Underwear looks cute on her :) 3. She surprises me and actually uses the potty and goes sometimes with out warning!  So hopefully these are good signs that once I get more serious it will work out quickly like it did with Mason!  


3 comments:

Deb said...

It sounds like your on the right track to me! I wish I could get that far with June! For some reason your posts haven't been updating on my blog roll. Your holiday pictures are so cute, it sounded like you had lots of fun. Your kids are absolutely adorable! I am so excited to hear what baby #3 will be!

Deb said...

**It sounded like you had lots of fun...minus the flu part. Puke in the chapel would not be fun!

Joni and John said...

We have nearly the exact same situation at our house. Edie was actually doing perfectly- then we had a bunch of setbacks and now I pretty much just let her choose what she wants to do. I'm too tired to care! She sure is cute on that potty chair!