Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's day, so I thought I would share a little about my daddy, Rick MacArthur, and why I love him :)


My dad was a professional water skier back in the day, and he was also a competitive sailer, aka he raced sailboats. So my childhood was filled with weekends at Bear Lake learning how to water ski and sail. My dad is an awesome teacher, very patient and kind but isn't afraid to push you. I am so grateful for all the things he has taught me about the water, and all the fun times we had, and will have, at Bear Lake.

My dad is very supportive in all the things I do. He worked very hard for our family, and he and my mom sacrificed a lot so I could play volleyball and other sports (though I think he is glad now, since I got college payed for)

My dad is funny, especially because he tells these jokes that aren't really funny all the time, just kind of obvious. But he does it all the time, so it becomes more funny each time... anyway he is silly and I love him.

My dad doesn't take life to seriously and can be a little rebellious in a good way. He can be very laid back and chill but at the same time is a very hard worker. Also he is very positive, all growing up he has instilled the power of positive thinking and mind over matter. I really appreciate that he has taught me this way to think, and I hope to pass it to my children :)

My dad is super outdoorsy... he has a goal to hike the highest peak in all 50 states, and I believe he is more than half way done. Not only that he loves to rock climb and ice climb (I can't remember the official name for that). He loves and appreciates nature, when hiking or just sitting on his front porch to watch the sunset.

My dad loves my mom... what more can I say :)

I guess I am saying that I have the greatest dad ever, I am very lucky and proud to have him as a dad. I hope he doesn't kill me for showing this picture, hahaha :)


Happy Father's Day Dad, I love you.
Love, your favorite oldest daughter :)

No comments: