Wednesday, September 17, 2008

monster in the closet

Two nights ago I woke up to Mason screaming, 1:30 am... goody. I usually wait for a few minutes because 9 times out of 10 he will go back to sleep. Well at 1:33 I realized that I should go check on him because the screaming was getting louder and more urgent. I sleep walk to his room I see there is light glowing around the door.... hummm, alien abduction, glowing monster... are some random thoughts in my sleep deprived head. Well it turns out that his closet light had turned on, man oh man I felt so bad!!!!!!!!!
What happened is that sometimes the light in the closet doesn't turn on, it is one of those long florescent lights, and is living the end of its light. Some days it works and others it doesn't. Well what must have happened is that either Danny or I ( I will not take sole blame!) flipped the switch, the light didn't turn on so he forgot to flip the switch again. So I guess after several hours of not working it decided to kick in, at 1:30 in the morning! My poor baby, I would be screaming too if all the sudden a blinding light woke me from slumber. So I fed him, and put him back in bed with a binki, all was well... except I couldn't go back to sleep! Argh I don't know why I have this problem ever since Mason was born, if I have to get up in the middle of the night I get insomnia attacks and can't go back to sleep. Well stupid me decides after 2o mins of not being able to go back to sleep I would go check on him. Yup. I woke him up. Yup, lovely. Danny went in this time, we went to sleep fine after that.

Oh and the next day he threw something in the toilet as it was flushing... I turned aroun for .2 secs! yup. "Ducky go down the hoooleeee" remember that?

2 comments:

Raquel said...

April! I'm sorry but I think that this was just so funny! I laughed so hard! Poor kid. Hahaha! I love you :)

April said...

I know I feel so bad! It is still haunting me