Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Fest

Here are some (alot!) of pictures from Pumpkin Fest. It was in CoopersTown NY... we went there a couple of weekends ago with some friends from Danny's work. Cory grew one of these giant pumpkins! It was fun to see the humongous pumpkins and walk around the cute city :)

this is how they would move the pumpkins around... first with the fork lift thingy
then this guy would lift it on to the scale
here is Cory with his pumpkin, 347.5 lbs!
here is Mason being a brat while Keiko is trying to hold him
baby Kaede on the other hand is a good baby and will let Danny hold him
this was Masons first time wearing shoes... aren't his legs yummy!
this green thing was in the squash category because it was all green, and it won! and... it got the NY state record and the American record for largest squash! I feel so special that I was there to witness such an event!
alot of people brought their dogs and Mason loved it!
baby Kaede
these two wouldn't sit next to each other for a picture... they are still cute though!
this is only half of the giant pumpkins
Mason sitting on a pumpkin
we went down to check out the lake
walking around town
Danny's Main Street Market
I guess we tuckered Mason out!
Danny, Mason and Cory
Kaede and Keiko
more snuggling
Danny thought it would be funny to put Mason on Cory's pumpkin while he was sleeping... he wasn't too happy with the idea at first
then he gave in and went back to sleep, hahaha
all of us by Cory's pumpkin
I think this pumpkin was 2nd place... oh and the winner's pumpkin weighed about 1300 lbs! woot

oh and I forgot to mention that the winner got $4,000! yay so I might be growing one of these bad boys... well probably not, LOL!

4 comments:

Anastasia said...

I think my dad grew a pumpkin that was about 200 lbs, which in comparison is nothing, but it was still cool. Mason is so cute! And I was shocked to see a picture of YOU! They are always of Mason, I guess a mother has their priorities.

Kristin said...

Mason is such a little cutie! I love seeing the pictures of villages of New York. It reminds me of where I used to live, in Sackets Harbor. If you guys are ever up for a beautiful weekend away from home, you should totally check out Sackets!

The Andrew Family said...

Sleeping on a pumpkin, now that's a sound sleeper! Loved the pictures!

Spencer and Kealia said...

wow those pumpkins are huge!