Friday, October 9, 2009

Grateful

I think gratitude is a means to happiness. I am grateful for so many things in my life, Jesus Christ, Danny, Mason & Lily, family, friends even my annoying dog Ralph :) I am grateful that I live in NY, Danny and I own our home and we have cars that are working. I am grateful for our friends here in NY that have substituted as our family since most of our families live in Seattle or SLC. I am grateful for Danny's job and that he is willing to go and work so hard for our family, and that I may stay home with Mason and Lily. I am grateful for my faith, the joy it brings and my testimony of Jesus Christ. I am truly happy.

I am SO SO SO grateful for the help from our family members this summer. My mom came out for 2 weeks in June to help with Mason right after Lily was born. My dad came for a week in July to watch is grandchildren so I could take naps (my mom and dad are so smart to split their visits, more help for me, yay!) Danny's mom came for 2 weeks in August and Kent, Danny's dad, joined her for one of those weeks. They helped so much around the house and watched the kids so I could again take some naps. Danny's grandparents came to visit in September which was a joy and the kids love them. AND... my sister is coming in less than 2 weeks!!! If you didn't get that we have had visitors ever month from June - October! I am so spoiled... I didn't even mention all the work each visitor did to help around the house, another post for another day :)

I am grateful for books especially these two at the moment:


Baby Wise by Ezzo and Bucknam, this little lovey has helped me get Mason and Lily to sleep through the night as babies. Mason slept through the night at 10 weeks old, Lily at 6 weeks :) I know some people don't like books like this but our "flexible routine" has helped me sleep and kept me sane (Danny might disagree but whatever).




The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
this book came as an answer to prayer. Danny and I had been praying about our finances and how we might be able to get out of debt and live more providently. I now feel more calm and confident about money and the future. This subject also needs a post for itself in the near future!




Do you use Google Reader? If not I highly suggest it. I subscribe to all of your blogs (unless you are private) and I get a notification (kind of like "following" but better) any way I am grateful for it because I don't have to click on individual blogs to see if someone updated. I also subscribe to photography blogs because I am obsessed, and other mommy blogs that make me happy. Silly thing to be grateful for but I am, ha!

A few other small things I am grateful for: Binky, cribs, nightlights, my camera and video camera, peanut m&ms, space heaters and water (random but I am ALWAYS thirsty)

Thanks for reading... if you still are since this is so long :)

PS did you see the OFFICE last night? It was fantastic!

4 comments:

elyse said...

April, You are too cute! I am grateful for your blog. Thanks for posting often. I love hearing about all the fun things you are doing. Rick and I need to come visit you and Chame some time in the near future... Have fun with your sister!

Kim and Steve said...

It's always nice to have a reminder of all of your blessings! You are a very blessed girl! I too loved the office...it was very sweet at the end!

Misses Barlow said...

i'm grateful for a friend like you! also the end of the office was the best!

bethany said...

April, how beautiful is this?!?! What a great reminder to give thanks for what we've got! A question: Is babywise like baby whisperer? I've read that book and have heard similarities between them... and am jealous of your sleeping beauties :) We're only getting up once though, so I'm thankful for that!! Also, have you heard of Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University? My sister and her husband did it and LOVED it! I too am thankful for Google reader, visitors pacis and any kind of candy!