Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Mason 27 months

Mason is 27 months! I know this is a random number to celebrate but I thought I would take the opportunity to share some recent pictures of him and some of the funny things he has said/done this year (since it was one of my goals!)

After catching glimses of "A Christmas Story" he now calls our dog Ralph, Ralphy.

Mason what would you like for lunch? “a bagel” I don’t have any bagels do you want mac and cheese? “No! mac and cheese all gone, want bagel!”

He came and gave me a hug on my leg and said I love you randomly. First time for him to say I love you.

He kept making sure Lily had her toys at breakfast while she was sitting in her high chair.
As we were driving to the church building he kept asking me to crash into the cars… such a boy

While at Lily’s doctors appointment Lily was crying, and Mason came up to her face rubbed it softly and said "no cry baby"

His favorite song is I am a child of God and loves to sing it before naps and bedtime. Today he sang it with me and knows most of the words.

Mason what do you want for lunch? “A bay-ie (bagel)” Oh really? “With cream cheese” OK “Oh tanks mom, tanks, tanks tanks!” (Thanks)


While lining up cars I was purposely facing them backwards. Mason would come up turn them around and say “oh sorry mom, like dis”

Guess/ gump = jump

Milk sounds like “biks” or something like that… pretty much nothing like milk. Jump is sounding more like “cump” and of course daddy still sounds like “guy”

“I want a num num yours” (yogurt)

While making dinner he came to help and ate a whole bunch of a raw onion, and kept saying "mmmm" and then making a funny face!

Sang to the book “5 little ducks”

As I put on my church clothes he says “mom you pretty” awe he is so sweet. He went on to say that he was pretty also.

Sometimes when I go check on Mason at night he jibber jabbers to me in his sleep

He has another molar coming in (bottom right the other on is the upper left… he already has the bottom left)

Mason takes forever to eat breakfast. This happens almost every morning… he doesn’t want to eat so we ask if he wants a yogurt or applesauce. Then after he will eat some cereal, he likes to have Cheerios, Kix and sometimes Life all mixed together (like his dad). He will eat about half the bowl and then want more. He does this at least 2,3, sometimes 4 times! Then he will drink all the milk and put his bowl and spoon in the sink.

We were watching a movie and it froze, I tried to fix it but it was having a hard time and I had to start it over. I told Mason I was having trouble fixing it and he said “it ok, guy (daddy) fix it when he come home”



While we were walking to the store in the parking lot I told him he needed to hold my hand… he said “it ok, I hold my hand” and he proceeded to hold his hands together, haha.


Whenever his food is too hot to eat he wants us to put it outside in the garage where it is cold “too hot, go outsides” So I put it outside and shut the door and come back into the kitchen and he says “all done” after it has only been 10 seconds.



I tell him he is a big boy now, and he says “ no I baby”. And then he walks around “no more binks”

“mom this a stegosaurus” where did you learn that “dinosaur train”


He is so funny and makes my life a joy! Love you Mason :)

2 comments:

Deb said...

What a cute kid! Great idea on mixing cereals! I'm gonna have to try that, I cant believe I've never thought of that before. Genius.

Justin and Toshi said...

Such a cutie! I am way jealous of your picture taking ability - I keep telling myself "one day I will be able to take a picture like that." Okay, maybe not really! I love the one about crashing into other cars - definitely ALL boy!