Wednesday, June 30, 2010

The bean jar

For a while I noticed Mason acting up and being a grouch whenever I asked him to do anything.  That plus 2 year old tantrums were driving me batty.  I decided that I needed to take a different approach to handling things with Mason so we would both be happy.  Thus the bean jar was born.  Every time he did something good, nice, cooperative, did what I asked, play with Lily etc he got some beans in his jar.  When he filled it up, he got to go the the store and pick out a toy.  Overall it worked really well, he acted better but I think that mostly had to do with my praising his good behavior instead of punishing his bad behavior. 


On the way to the store to get a new toy!!!




 He chose a little tube of sea creatures... and was not happy that I tried to take a picture of the jar and toys!


This only ended up working a couple of jar fulls but I am glad that it helped our crabby situation for a bit :)

No comments: