Saturday, June 5, 2010

First family 5k

A friend in my ward asked if anyone wanted to run a 5k with her.  Since I have never done one and needed some motivation to get to the gym I said yes!  Danny of course wanted to run as well and he decided to push the kids in the double jogging stroller our friend let us borrow.  Here is the before picture with my friend Jen.

Mason and Lily happily snacking

We actually found these pictures on the website for the race, Danny was the most photographed racer!


Danny's time, 26:03 (while pushing 50+ lbs of children)

I jogged next to my friend who ran/walked the entire time.  I felt like I had a lot of energy and could have run the entire thing but I didn't want to leave her.  At the end she let me free and I ran as fast as I could the last mile.  It was pretty fun having my entire body in sync while I focused on the finish line!

 April's time 33:37

It was a small town race which was nice, not too many people.  It was so hot that day which made it a little tougher but that is ok.  We got apple pie and really nice shirts at the end.  Mason and Lily didn't complain while Danny was running which is nice, though Mason was pretty crabby at the end. 

No comments: