Sunday, March 25, 2012

Oliver's baby blessing



On Sunday March 25 we blessed Oliver Richard Newman at our church, just a few days shy of 2 months old.  It was so great to have my dad fly out for it, also in the circle was Bishop Andrew, our very good friend Jeff Yeager and our home teacher Russ Wilks.  For those of you who don't know about baby blessings in the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints I will explain a little.  When a baby is born we have an opportunity to give the baby a name and a blessing.  The name given during the blessing is the name on the records of the church.

Danny gave Oliver a wonderful blessing.  Here are a couple of specific things that Danny remembers saying. That he will learn wisdom in his youth and that he will listen to his parents.  That he will find a way to be a positive leader and example to those around him.  He will bring a special spirit to the home and learn from his older siblings.

I don't really remember how I came up with Oliver's first name.  I had heard a few times and realized I really loved it because it was different, not too many kids had it, but wasn't super weird.  Richard is after my wonderful daddy.  I am so glad that Oliver has such wonderful male examples in his life and I am glad we could name him after one of them.  And I am so glad that he has a wonderful dad that is a worthy priesthood holder and an example of righteousness!

It was a great day!  Love you Oliver :)



This is the blessing outfit that my mom made for Mason, and now used for Oliver :)  It is made from the silk from my sisters wedding dress.

No comments: