Saturday, March 3, 2012

Danny's birthday present

I wanted to get something fun for Danny's birthday and a surprise.  We don't really do presents, we just get something and say oh hey this can be my birthday.  Sometimes we choose not to spend money on each other especially when we were working hard at getting out of debt.  Anyway Danny had talked about playing volleyball at different parks or just outside so I thought it would be great to get a good outdoor volleyball net that we could take around to different places.  I had one when I was in Utah and I loved it.  I thought of the net and looked online and ordered it not expecting it to be there until after his birthday.  Well much to my surprise it was delivered 2 days after I ordered it, amazing.  So we hid it downstairs and instead of wrapping it we decide to color it will all the kids and Kristi and Jon.  The kids loved it!  Then we brought it upstairs and sang happy birthday!  Danny also got some apple crisp and we had a turkey dinner the next day( Sunday his actual birthday), though most of us were sick so we didn't really get to enjoy it haha.  Good thing we spent the early part of the weekend celebrating otherwise it would have been an extra huge bummer!








No comments: