Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 13, Utah, Driving home from Bear Lake

 I know you are thinking, hallelujah they are finally leaving Bear Lake!  I know I take so many pictures, but it makes me happy... anyway since I mostly shared pictures earlier, I am going to use this post to document some of the memories from the weekend.
* Mason and Lily both slept surprisingly well with all of us being in the same room, and able to see each other!  Thank goodness for sound machines :)
*This was Mason's first time sleeping in a real bed (no crib or pack and play)  Luckily it was a full size bed so he could turn in all the circles he wanted.
*Raquel's baby bump
*We had french toast and bacon for breakfast almost every morning, a traditional bear lake breakfast!
*Lily always woke up first and since I was still nursing at the time, I would grab her and run out of the room to feed her, not to wake up Mason (Danny would wake up when Mason woke up).  One morning, Danny came out, still a little groggy, and sat on the couch.  I asked "is Mason still sleeping?"  He looked confused, walked back in the room and was gone for a minute.  He came back and said, "I thought Mason was with you, but I found him asleep under the bed!  hahaha"
When we asked Mason about it he said, oh I fell off, but I liked it under the bed.  He had dragged his pillow and silky (lovey) under with him.  We have no idea when this happened because he never made a peep loud enough for us to hear!
*Raspberry shakes
*Neither Mason or Lily really liked being on the boat, and I think the reason is because of the life jackets.  We would use boat time as nap time for both the kids which worked out great!
*Wake boarding at sunset
*Lily was really sick the last night we were there.  I woke up to her throwing up all over herself in the bed.  We had to get all the sheets out, and her in the bath at 2 in the morning.  I spent the rest of the night holding/nursing/catching throw up.  Then around 8am, she fell asleep and seemed better after that.
*While on the beach, Mason's sole desire was to destroy anything anyone tried to build!  Lily also liked to help :)

That is all I can think of now, I am sure there is more that I will add later, now drumroll please... some pictures!

Our favorite place to get raspberry shakes!

It was beautiful and sunny the entire time were were at Bear Lake, until we were leaving.  When this lake is angry, she sure is beautiful!

The storms on the way home made for some fun sun rays (all of these were taken while driving)


This is how Mason feel asleep in the car

Lily however took a 30 minute nap in the beginning and the cried for the rest of 1 1/2 trip... awesome

3 comments:

rachel june* said...

Wow! i really love the landscape shots with those sun rays. amazing and the color ones show such mood too!

Jill said...

Hi April! Hey, what kind of camera do you use to take your amazing pictures? Thanks!

Jared and Laura said...

April, your pictures are beautiful, and so crisp!! You're such a great photographer. Your trip sounded very fun...you captured it perfectly!